Antonine Wall: Watling Lodge FREE
Two sections on each side of the house known as Watling Lodge. The eastern section is one of the deepest and steepest stretches.
|In Falkirk, signposted from A9, |
access from the B816 from Tamforhill
Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway
This hidden gem, only 40 minutes drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh, is located in the historic town of Bo’ness.
This bizarre structure, in the shape of a pineapple, was built in 1761 as a garden retreat.
|Dunmore Park, Airth|
House Of The Binns
This 17th-century laird’s house near Linlithgow has been the home of the Dalyell family for 400 years.
Edinburgh & The Lothians
The tower and transepts of a church built by the Knights Hospitaller of the Order of St John of Jerusalem in the 13th century.
Royal Burgh Of Culross
The Royal Burgh of Culross, on the northern shore of the Forth, is a complete community preserved as it was in the 16th and 17th C.
Culross Abbey FREE
The remains of a Cistercian monastery founded in 1217. The eastern parts of the Abbey Church are the present parish church.
|At the head of the village of Culross off the A985|
The magnificent ruins of Linlithgow Palace are set in a park beside a loch.
Antonine Wall: Castlecary FREE
The low earthworks of a fort.
Antonine Wall: Rough Castle FREE
The best-preserved length of rampart and ditch, together with the earthworks of a fort – the most complete on the Wall.
|Signposted from the B816|
between Bonnybridge and High Bonnybridge.
Kinneil House FREE
Set in a public park, the oldest part of the house is a 15th century tower remodelled by the Earl of Arran between 1546 and 1550.
Cairnpapple was used from about 3,000 BC to 1400 BC firstly as a ceremonial site then several centuries later as a burial site.
Built in the 15th century by one of Scotland’s most powerful families, the Crichtons.
Antonine Wall: Westerwood To Castlecary FREE
A well preserved section of ditch.
|West of Castlecary off the B816. Access from minor road.|
Antonine Wall: Seabegs Wood FREE
A stretch of rampart and ditch with the military way behind.
|1m W of Bonnybridge, access from the B816|
on Castlecary to Bonnybridge road
Westquarter Dovecot FREE
A handsome rectangular dovecot with a heraldic panel dated 1647 over the entrance doorway.
|At Westquarter, near Laurieston. |
Soft Play Centre.☎ 01506656989Recommended by Marjorie Hall, Edinburgh
Bellsquarry Wood FREE
Situated to the south of the new town, Livingston, you will find Bellsquarry Wood.
Blaeberry Community Wood FREE
Blaeberry Wood is situated to the south of the M8 and lies between Whitburn and East Whitburn within the Central Scotland Forest.
Multi-screen cinema.☎ 03303334444
Vue Cinema Livingston
Multi-screen cinema.☎ 03453084620
Deer Park Golf & Country Club